Saturday, September 26, 2009

So, just how do you get a Chrisitian mate?



There are tons of people who think that they have the answer on how to get a question mate. Me, I think I have the questions. Consider the following statements said by married and single Christians alike as keys to finding a mate.

Common statement: Praying, loving, seeking and serving God is the key to getting a Christian mate.
Fact: There are tons of wholly committed Christians who are praying, loving, seeking and serving God who find themselves without a mate. There are people who have been saved and seeking God for years and decades, even, who haven't even so much as been asked out on a date. And then there are people who have been committed Christians for a relatively short amount of time who are find themselves dating, in healthy relationships, and married. Certainly every believer, single and married alike should be praying, loving, seeking, and serving God with all of their hearts, minds, and souls. The fact still remains that many, many, faithful believers remain single. What does this mean? Is it a merit based system?
Common Statement: When you stop looking, that's when you'll find your mate.
Fact: Seek and you shall find. I have a more in depth blog entry "DON'T Seek and You Shall Find" so for a more in depth look at that topic, read that blog entry. Where in the Bible does it say to NOT seek something and you'll find it? DON'T ask and you shall receive? All lot of people have that testimony: "When I stopped looking that's when God blessed me with my mate." I think that God takes some of his believers by surprise when He blesses them. But as far as a solution, the whole "DON'T seek" statement seems somewhat illogical. So it's like a leprechaun? When you try to look for it, it just *poof* disappears? If you know and believe that marriage is a part of the will of God for you life, then you are supposed to not actively seek the will of God for your life?

Like I said, I don't know how it happens, but I have come to recognize that some of the "solutions" that I've heard for many years don't answer everything. I'm beginning to think there's more to it. My prayer is that God shows you, me, and every single and married Christian a more excellent way.

RDH

No comments: